Sunday, December 19, 2010

Giant Bean

Now I know where the story of 'Jack and the Bean Stock' came from!  Look at the size of that bean!  It's stock must reach up to the clouds.  Well actually, I have seen the plant and it is climbing a pretty tall pole and I guess some mornings it is in the clouds (just depends how low the clouds are).  They actually call it a snake bean with good reason I guess.  Sam the little boy who's family this came from is actually scared of them, that may have something to do with its name and that his mom doesn't want him picking them.
I think it will be a one bean dinner coming up!
Mel for the Marshes  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel, I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday! Hope you have (or had) a really great one. Thanks for posting the picture of that bean. That's amazing! ARe they actually edible and do they taste like the green beans we grow here?

    ReplyDelete