Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My garden begins

  I know what it looks like, and Mom confirmed it for me, but no it is not a burial plot, this is my new garden.  It is tiny but it turns out its big enough.  I can not stay out to long because if the sun does not cook me the mosquitos will pack me off, but I am determined!  Since this photo was taken I have planted cucumbers, watermelon, tomatoes,  and hot peppers.  It is very exciting.  The garden is shaped this way since we get so much rain, and some times in short periods of time, so this allows it to drain better and not get washed away. 

Don't you like my planters?  A half a coconut works pretty good as a planter. These are my seedlings!

This garden I was blessed to inherit, the pineapple garden.  We have been able enjoy one out of this garden. MMMMmmm good!  I do wish that we could share some of these with you back home.  We have decided that here in PNG a 'pine'apple a day keeps the Doctor away! 
Mel for the Marshes

2 comments:

  1. A pineapple garden, Mel! I'm jealous, as I absolutely LOVE fresh pineapple. Love the garden plot. I'm sure you'll enjoy the results. Glad to hear you guys are settling in, and we really appreciate these updates on your blog. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Lovella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you figure out how things go over there. That means I won't have to start from scratch when (if?) we come. I will just ask you!
    Madeleine

    ReplyDelete