Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Ants Go Marching!

That is the new theme song for me in my kitchen!  I always have company in the kitchen and when I leave it often comes under great occupation especially after breakfast when there is a peanut butter knife laying around. 
That has certainly been something to get used to here.  If you don't want ants you need to keep everything very clean and even then sometimes it does not work.  One time I did an experiement.  I figured if the ants where so gung ho on cleaning up my food why not let them help me!  On an evening where the kids had eaten outside on the table on the deck, the table did not get whiped.  I noticed the next morning but by then the ants were hard at it and had invited all of their neighboring relatives, so I decided I would let them go to it and see how long it would take them to clean the table of scrapes.  Guess what by the afternoon the table was spick and span!  Maybe I should work with them? 
Actually, what normally happens when I find a line of ants marching in and out of my sink, I take great pleasure in seeing how many I can flush down the drain!  Poor critters they are so industrious and I just don't fully appreciate their inthusiasm.
TUPPERWARE!  The one thing that has saved me from great frustration!  What a huge blessing the gifting of tupperware was to me before we left!!  Plastic wrap certainly does not cut it, unless you are looking for a higher protein muffin!!
Blessings from Antie Mel
(this time the spelling mistake was intended!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're still able to keep a sense of humour about it, Mel! I guess it's either that or get completely frustrated! I love reading your blog entries--makes it seem like you're not quite so far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that all is going well in PNG. The weather may be a little warmer than here and you may not have any snow, but we are thinking of you and wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. Now that we have found your blog, we will be keeping a close eye on you.

    Take care

    Andrew & Penny

    ReplyDelete