Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Weather Report


Final tallies are in and the total amount of rain recieved in Rumginae this year is 6941.6mm!  for those of you who are unfarmiliar with the metric system that is 6.9 meters!  A lot of rain! It rained on 289 days this last year and I am told that is down a little. 
We are currently the new rain gage checkers (a very official title)!  Everyday we have to check the gage and record the results.  At the end of each month they are sent to the national weather service and then again at the end of the year after everything has been tallied.  It is good timing as the boys are studing weather in science right now.
I just checked my toes, there are no webs yet but may be coming soon to help me slop throught the warm puddles all over the lawn.  Oh and a lesson learned,  sometimes barefeet are better than flip flops.  Flip Flops can FLIP muck clear up to the back of your head!! 
Speaking of gages, I had better run and check it!
Mel for the Marshes

1 comment:

  1. One good thing I will say about all that rain, it did my hands wonders (Fay would iespecially agree), never had to use an drop of hand cream for a couple weeks after returning from PNG.
    I sure enjoy reading your posts, it kind of makes me feel home sick...we may see you there someday. God Bless and Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete