Monday, May 17, 2010

Fungus Foot

Welcome to the tropics where everything grows well!!  Ever since we have arrived here in Rumginae I have been battling a case of what we would call athletes foot.  It has kind of come and gone and at some times drives me crazy, my feet and toes are so itchy, however since arriving back at Rumginae from Hagen it has stepped it up a notch.  Now patches of skin on my toes is breaking down and falling off.  This creates a problem as there are open sores on my feet which are now infected, not terribly surprising!  Best thing for fungus is to keep the area dry, a difficult task when every time I step out the door I am walking on squishy grass.  We are now into rainy season here and if we thought it was wet before...  last night over 5 inches of rain fell and not very quietly I might add, lots of flashes and crashes!
Well I think that I have the infection just about under control and am now slathering on the fungal cream Jay was given for his Rumginae rash (another one of the treats experienced here and different from the heat rash!) 
I will spare you pictures but only wanted to share with you a little bit more of the day to day at Rumginae.
Mel for the Marshes  

No comments:

Post a Comment